November 28, 2012

What has the world come into?

“They are turning the holy sanctuary into a machine, a city which has no identity, no heritage, no culture and no natural environment. They've even taken away the mountains.”

*The house of the Prophet’s wife, Khadija, who is referred to by Muslims as the “Mother of the Faithful” was recently torn down, and in its place a row of toilets were established.

More:
http://www.religionnews.com/blogs/omid-safi/saudis-say-no-to-the-prophet-muhammad-yes-to-paris-hilton

--

This saddens me deeply. I could not express how sad and angry I am by reading this, and that I have not yet entered Mecca and this happen and I'm just....overwhelmed by SO many feelings.

Why is the action to move forward as a city is seen as the only right thing and the most civilized thing to do?

Why can't we just preserve what makes it beautiful in the first place and respect for what its worth?

--

Ya Allah. :(

No comments: