February 6, 2012

//44


I had a really terrible weekend, I wasn’t being productive at all and from where I’m at, we’re having a 5-day long weekend starting from Friday and I know I should start working on my big project but I just havent found the momentum yet.
So today, I decided to follow a friend to some informal meeting regarding my project and I thought it would only last an hour or so, so I agreed to come with, but it turns out I had to be there for at least 4 hours with a total stranger (which I swear he was just wanted to get to know my friend - what’s new), and he kept forcing me to talk/to join in. I know he’s being courteous, but seriously after a while I feel like screaming.
I do not talk a lot on first meeting. It would take me at least a few hang out sessions, and that also depends whether or not i’m comfortable with you. It’s nothing personal, it is just how I roll. (And how I suck at socializing)
I’m a-okay if you want to flirt with my friend, by all means, please do so - but please leave me out of it. I’m a well adjusted wallflower. I even brought a book in case things like this happen.
I guess I was rude for not talking much, but I seriously don’t know what to talk about I’m still brushing up my social skills - why I say this? Because, I’m perfectly fine handling a class size crowd, if I know exactly what I’m dealing with, and on top of that, I love public speaking.
I need to talk more I guess? About petty stuff, I guess? That’s from my observations. Things like this just drain out my energy. I don’t even know why.

No comments: